Sunday, October 2, 2011

Out of the Darkness

Darkness
comes suddenly
and envelopes me.
Startled, I stand frozen
 as the hooded shroud encloses.


Heart beating.
Pulse pounding,
Breath panting.
I am plunged
into the unknown
abyss.


Gasping. Flailing. Thrashing.
Trying to hold on.
To what?
To whom?
I cannot see. 
I cannot hear.
Still  I sense
 a presence.

Who is there?
Twitching,
yanking
 wrestling,
I struggle
 to regain vision.


I grow weary
and collapse.


Anger percolating now.
The blaming begins.
How could You?  I demand.
Where are You?   I call out.
Silence.


I sense you are smiling.
you leave now.
Satisfied.
Hear me! I shout to You.
Answer me!  I scream.


Nothing.
Coldness sets in.
I curl up in the emptiness and shiver.
Wrapping myself in anger and sadness. 
Wet from tears.
Alone, in the quiet stillness.
I surrender.
Waiting.
Waiting.
Waiting.
Then, a stirring. 
What was that?
A flutter. 
Dim memories return.
A hardening chrysalis.
A dark, watery womb.
A promise forgotten.
I hope.
Are You there? I ask.
Is that You? I try again.
Shhhhhh, a warm breeze
greets me.


Why did You bring me here? I ask.
Silence.
The breeze stops.
Who brought me here? I demand.
Stillness.
You will not play
this game.


It wasn't You, I say,
knowing now.
 No matter, I feel You say
as the first bits of light
penetrate
the darkness.


I AM here.












No comments:

Post a Comment